Promoting Cross-border Cooperation through effective management of Tajikistan's border with Afghanistan
What is the Project about?
The project aim is to improve security and economic status of Tajik-Afghan border adjacent communities.
Specific outcomes of the project include:
- Increased capacity of Border Security Agencies for legal flow of people and goods across the Tajik - Afghan border. This includes the following activities:
· Capacity building for border management and counter narcotics policy formulation, implementation and monitoring (funded by UNDP);
· Construction of Langar Border Crossing Point (funded by the Government of Japan);
· Upgrade of Tem, Ruzvai, Ishkashim, Langar, Khumrogi and Shoghun Border Crossing Points (funded by the Government of Japan);
2. Improved livelihoods of border adjacent communities, especially women to trade opportunities. Specific activities include:
Upgrade of cross-border Markets facilities at Tem, Ruzvai and Ishkashim (funded by the Government of Japan);