- UN Day Oct 24, 2017
- Statement of UN Resident Coordinator, UNDP Resident Representative in Tajikistan, Ms. Pratibha Mehta on the occasion of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, October 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017
- The United Nations Development Programme and EMERCOM of Russia Held a Training For the Committee of Emergency Situations and Civil Defense Sep 25, 2017
- Water Sector Reform And Flood Management Pilot Workshop On Flood Management Planning Sep 14, 2017
- UN in Tajikistan celebrates World Humanitarian Day: Interview with UNRC Ms. Pratibha Mehta Aug 25, 2017
- World Humanitarian Day Aug 19, 2017
- Statement by Dr. Pratibha Mehta, UN Resident Coordinator in Tajikistan at the International Youth Day 2017 Aug 14, 2017
- Training for dispatchers and IT personnel on information and communication technologies of the Unified Emergency Call Center Aug 2, 2017
EU-BOMNAF Upgrades Border Crossing Point (BCP) Aqina on the Afghan-Turkmen border
Jun 19, 2017
To improve legitimate flow of people and goods and enhance counter trafficking capacity, UNDP’s EU-BOMNAF Project recently completed construction of a new facility for passport control, registration, customs inspection, and vehicle search as part of an upgrade project of the Border Crossing Point (BCP) at Aqina, in Faryab Province, northwest Afghanistan, on the Afghanistan-Turkmenistan border. The facility also includes public toilet and shower rooms for male and female, and fencing around 180,000 square metres of enclosed area to improve security. The works were undertaken by Oxus Bakhtar Engineering & Construction Company, utilizing local labour from Andkhoy district and specialists from Mazar-e-Sharif. The facility is connected with the local water supply system and city power supplied from Andkhoy district.
Government of Tajikistan and United Nations in Tajikistan jointly held a high-level conference on partnership for sustainable development in Dushanbe
Jun 14, 2017
12 June 2017, Dushanbe, Kohi Navruz. Government of Tajikistan and United Nations system in Tajikistan jointly held a high-level conference on partnership for sustainable development during the visit of H.E. UN Secretary-General Mr. António Guterres to Tajikistan. The conference was opened by H.E. President of Tajikistan Mr. Emomali Rahmon, and H.E. UN Secretary-General Mr. António Guterres gave a key note address. It was attended by several Ministers and high-level officials from governmental agencies, diplomatic corps and representatives of development agencies, civil society, private sector and scientific institutions.