- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 44
26 Nov 2014
26 November 2014 – Kurgan-Tube, Tajikistan. The Deputy Governor of Khatlon Region Mr. Radjabali Radjabov organized a half-day presentation on “One Village – One Product” initiative for eight Mayors of Khatlon districts and representatives of business associations, regional consultative council and private sector in Administration office of Khatlon Oblast.
26 Nov 2014
4,500 people in Jamoats of Kulob will have access to sustainable drinking water supply and improved sanitation
Kulob, 26 November 2014 – In the conference hall of the Hukumat of Kulob city took place the Opening Ceremony of the project “Tajikistan Water Supply and Sanitation” (TajWSS Phase II), financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with participation of local authorities of Kulob city, affiliated organizations of concerned ministries and agencies, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Oxfam Great Britain (Oxfam) in Tajikistan. The objectives of the opening ceremony were to provide a framework of cooperation and facilitate collaboration between the Local Executive Branch of State Power of Kulob city and UNDP towards improving access to drinking water supply and sanitation in Jamoats of Kulob city. In particular, participants of the event got acquainted with the goals and objectives of the project TajWSS Phase II, mechanisms of implementation for the Trust Fund designed for drinking water supply and sanitation projects, as well as with the current state of drinking water supply and sanitation sector.
26 Nov 2014
20 Officers of the Afghan Border Police are receiving advanced instruction in All-terrain vehicle maintenance and operation techniques in Dushanbe. Organised by EU-BOMNAF the training is being delivered by Peter Southern and David Evans, two Specialists from Britain, supported by Juraijon, a trained mechanic from Tajikistan.
- 21 Nov 2014
20 Nov 2014
UNDP brings Tajik and Turkish Ministries together for promoting World Trade Organization in Tajikistan
Ankara, Turkey – 20 November 2014 – The Ministry of Economy of Turkey and Turkish Patent Institute hosted Tajik high-level delegates representing Presidential Executive Office and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade on a two-day study tour to Turkey, to learn the experience of Turkey on issues related to World Trade Organization.
18 Nov 2014
Water management authorities in Isfara river basin were equipped with skills on hydrological monitoring for effective management of water resources
Isfara, Kanibadam, 17-18 November 2014 – Through support of UNDP in Isfara river basin, responsible specialists of local water management authorities were trained on use of modern hydrological and hydrometric equipment, methods of management, storage and transmission of water information for effective water resources management. For this purpose, UNDP jointly with the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan and Agency for Land Reclamation and Irrigation under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan organized training on the “Use of equipment for hydrological monitoring on hydrological posts of “Tangi Vorukh”, “Matpari” and “Rabot” in Isfara river basin”. Among the training participants were specialists of water management organizations of Isfara and Kanibadam cities, as well as Water Users Associations, responsible for hydrological and hydrometric measurements, water monitoring, data processing and their transmission on hydrological posts of “Tangi Vorukh”, “Matpari” and “Rabot”. Participants gained theoretical knowledge and practical skills to use modern hydrological and hydrometric equipment.
04 Nov 2014
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND UNDP SUPPORT IMPROVEMENT OF LIVELIHOOD OF 1,000,000 RURAL POPULATION IN 9 DISTRICTS OF TAJIKISTAN
Dushanbe, 4 November 2014 - Today, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Tajikistan, His Excellency Mr. Igor Lyakin-Frolov and United Nations Resident Coordinator and Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme in Tajikistan (UNDP), Mr. Alexander Zuevsigned a grant agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and UNDP in Tajikistan to support a three-year initiative "Livelihood improvement of 1,000,000 rural population in 9 districts of the Republic of Tajikistan." The Initiative with a total budget of US$ 6.7 million is funded by the Government of the Russian Federation and implemented by UNDP in Tajikistan. The high-ranked officials from the Tajik Government and representatives of diplomatic missions and development partners also attended the signing ceremony.
01 Nov 2014
High-level visitors from Tajikistan and Afghanistan study the best practices of “One Village – One Product” Initiative in Kyrgyzstan
1 November – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. UNDP Tajikistan organized a four-day study tour in Kyrgyzstan for high-level officials and donor representatives from Tajikistan and Afghanistan to learn from the experiences of the “One Village – One Product” initiative (OVOP) implemented by JICA Kyrgyzstan. The delegation included the Deputy Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development from Afghanistan, and from Tajikistan there were Deputy Chairman of Khatlon Region in Tajikistan, Representative of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Country Director of Asian Development Bank, JICA representatives, UNDP Country Director and other officials of the above-named organizations.
30 Oct 2014
Compliance with human rights and freedoms of individual is a foundation of the country's ongoing response to the HIV epidemic. October 30, 2014 in Dushanbe (Tajikistan) the round table for more than 35 Mass Media representatives of the country on “HIV infection: the importance of objective, accurate and politically correct media coverage” conducted. The event was organized through the initiative of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan in cooperation with United Nations Joint Advocacy Project on HIV/AIDS in Tajikistan (UNAIDS, UNDP, UNFPA and UNICEF), through the financial support of UNDP Regional Centre for Europe and CIS.
- 28 Oct 2014
22 Oct 2014
Hand-over of the school-books for 7-9 grades of secondary school in Braille for the blind students under “Promoting an accessible environment and improved access to the education for blind children” project of UNDP
On 22 October 2014 Country Director of UNDP Mr.Norimasa Shimomura, Director of Tajikistan National Mine Action Centre Mr. Muhabbat Ibrohimzoda, representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of RT, Departments of Education of Hissor district, members of Public Organization “Tajik Blind Union” and mass media representatives (in total approx. 25 people) attended the formal hand-over of the schoolbooks in Braille for 7-9 grades to Republican boarding school for the blind children in Hissor district.
26 Sep 2014
Dushanbe, 26/September/2014 – The EU UNDP Border Management in Northern Afghanistan planned project activities require that coordination meetings and events involving Afghan, Tajik and other Central Asian border officials are organized, implemented and hosted by the Project. Therefore, UNDP’s EU-BOMNAF Project hosted a Workshop in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, during 25-26 September 2014 to discuss Heart of Asia activities associated with regional security, trade and migration, between Afghanistan and their Central Asian neighbour nations, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
15 Sep 2014
Russia's government to allocate $6.7 million to improve wellbeing of one million Tajiks September 15, According to the document, $2.5 million will be remitted to the UN Development Program for these purposes in 2014, and $2.1 million a year will be provided in 2015 and 2016
05 Sep 2014
Dushanbe, Tajikistan 5 September, 2014 – State working group on elaboration of draft Law "On State Guaranteed Free Legal Aid", led by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tajikistan with support of UNDP Rule of Law and Access to Justice Programme and OSI Foundation with support of local NGO Bureau for Human Rights and Rule of Law, facilitated conduction of public hearings to receive recommendations and feedback to improve and finalize the draft Concept document "On State Guaranteed Free Legal Aid". Public hearings took place on 31 July in Kurgan-Tyube (Khatlon region), on 6 August in Garm district (Rasht valley), on 13 August in Khujand (Sugd region), and on 2 September in Dushanbe. About 80 relevant state institutions, civil society as well as bar associations and international organizations participated in presentation and discussion of the Concept.
28 Aug 2014
UNDP supported publication of the new textbook on Human Development for students of universities of Tajikistan
UNDP supported publication of the new textbook on Human Development for students of universities of Tajikistan Dushanbe, 28 August 2014 – official presentation of the Textbook “Human Development”, that was developed with technical and financial support of UNDP for university students of Tajikistan, was conducted. After presentation delivered by national experts, Textbooks “Human Development” in Tajik and Russian were donated to universities’ representatives.
21 Aug 2014
UNDP increases regional cooperation in agribusiness with Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan 21 August, Dushanbe – UNDP Tajikistan hosted a scoping mission of the UNDP Istanbul International Centre for Private Sector in Development to define opportunities for enhancing regional cooperation in the field of agribusiness.
21 Aug 2014
UNDP brings a solution in addressing the challenges of environment protection through introducing the waste-management system in Spitamen district, Sughd oblast
UNDP brings a solution in addressing the challenges of environment protection through introducing the waste-management system in Spitamen district, Sughd oblast August 21, 2014, Khujand – The sorting line for solid waste was launched in “Nau” village of Spitamen district, Sughd oblast with financial support of Department of International Development of the UK Government (DFID), UNDP and contribution of Executive Body of State Power in Sughd Oblast as well as local authority and community. UNDP Communities Programme brings a solution in addressing interconnected development challenges. The protection of environment and the problem of disposal of house-hold and construction wastes remain one of the global challenges and unfortunately, Tajikistan is not an exception. Given that only 7% of the territory of Tajikistan is land, however the large areas of land are employed for waste discharges and most of them are settled nearby inhabited localities
06 Aug 2014
UNDP jointly with local community improves access to irrigation water for twenty members of Dekhkan Farm “Dilnur”
August 06, 2014, Khujand. - UNDP Communities Programme completed one of its small irrigation project in Jamoat Mehnatobod of Zafarabad district, Sughd oblast, which enables more than 20 members of Dekhkan Farm - “Dilnur” to irrigate their15 ha agricultural lands.
01 Aug 2014
Kurgan – Tyube, 1 August 2014: Tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on establishment of Regional Monitoring and Early Warning System (RMEWS) in Khatlon Oblast was signed between the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade RT (MEDT) and the Government of Khatlon Oblast.
24 Jul 2014
Dushanbe, 24 July 2014: the National Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) meeting chaired by Mr. Murodali Alimardon, Deputy Prime Minister and the Chairman of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction was held. Members of the National Platform on DRR, representing 17 Ministries and State Agencies, as well as REACT partners (Rapid Emergency Assessment and Coordination Team) representing donor agencies including Swiss Cooperation Office in Tajikistan, UN agencies, including UNDP, UNOCHA, UNICEF, UNWFP and UNFAO as well as international organizations including International Federation of Red Crescent Society, German Red Cross, ACTED, HELVETAS, GIZ, OXFAM, FOCUS, German Agro-Action, Save the Children, and Mercy Corps have actively participated at the meeting.
Fax: +992 44 6005620
Contact UNDP in Tajikistan39 Aini Street, 734024, Dushanbe, Tajikistan Phone: +992 44 6005600
Fax: +992 44 6005620
- UNDP brings Tajik and Turkish Ministries together for promoting World Trade Organization in Tajikistan Ankara, Turkey – 20 November 2014 – The Ministry of Economy of Turkey and Turkish Patent Institute hosted Tajik high-level delegates representing Presidential Executive Office and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade on a two-day study tour to Turkey, to learn the experience of Turkey on issues related to World Trade Organization. The study tour was organized by UNDP Tajikistan in the framework of its Aid for Trade Project in close cooperation with the Embassy of Turkey in Tajikistan. Within the course of the study tour, the high-level delegates got acquainted with the multilateral trade system, market access negotiations for non-agricultural goods and agreement of IT, trade defense policy, technical barriers to trade and other WTO related issues. In addition to it on practical sessions participants received knowledge on how to benefit from the WTO membership and promote the interests of local entrepreneurs on the global trading arena. The Tajik delegation agreed to coordinate the implementation of WTO obligations by establishing a Working Group on WTO with the further assistance of UNDP. The representatives of the Ministries established strong cooperation between themselves and agreed to continue the capacity building activities on WTO. The Aid for Trade project in Central Asia is funded by the Government of Finland and supports inclusive growth and national efforts to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives by promoting trade and enhancing competitiveness. The overarching goal of the project is to contribute to human development with the help of trade, while paying close attention to the cross cutting themes of gender equality, securing the rights of the most vulnerable groups in society, and environmental sustainability For further information please contact: Mr. Parviz Rashidov- Trade Policy Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 446005596/97 Ms. Ilona Vekkeli, UNV Specialist on Economic Development, email@example.com, tel: 446005596/97 4 hours ago
- The Deputy Governor of Khatlon Region presents the “One Village – One Product” initiative 26 November 2014 – Kurgan-Tube, Tajikistan. The Deputy Governor of Khatlon Region Mr. Radjabali Radjabov organized a half-day presentation on “One Village – One Product” initiative for eight Mayors of Khatlon districts and representatives of business associations, regional consultative council and private sector in Administration office of Khatlon Oblast. The Deputy Governor made presentation to share his knowledge on the “One Village – One Product (OVOP)” initiative that he gained from his participation in the recent high-level study tour to Kyrgyzstan organized by UNDP Tajikistan. During that study tour participants learned about successes and challenges of the OVOP initiative implemented by JICA in Kyrgyzstan and explored opportunities to replicate this initiative in Tajikistan and Afghanistan. The OVOP initiative was first introduced in Oita Prefecture in Japan back in 1979 under the slogan “Let’s work together on what we can do today”. The initiative was aimed at mobilizing existing potential of the rural communities for bettering their lives through empowering people to establish and run their own joint businesses using the resources available in their own communities. During presentation Mr. Radjabali Radjabov shared with his positive impression of what he saw during the OVOP high-level study tour in Kyrgyzstan. He was impressed to see the approach of Kyrgyz people in solving the development issues on the ground. One of remarkable features of OVOP initiative is that the local people use existing natural and human resources and in doing joint businesses local people rely mostly on themselves but not on the support of the donors. He emphasized that those successful features of OVOP initiative could be also replicated in eight districts of Khatlon Region with the support of UNDP LITACA Project. UNDP plans to provide support for introduction of the OVOP initiative in Khatlon Region within the framework of its “Project for Livelihood Improvement of Tajik-Afghan Cross-border Areas (LITACA)”. The LITACA project is funded by the Government of Japan through JICA with the budget of US$10.7 million for three years. UNDP Tajikistan implements the LITACA project in close cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Tajikistan, Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development of Afghanistan and UNDP Afghanistan. The OVOP replication in Afghanistan and Tajikistan constitutes an important part of the LITACA project. For more information, please contact: Mr. Ruslan Ziganshin, LITACA Project Manager, UNDP Tajikistan at firstname.lastname@example.org; Ms. Mastona Khalilova, Communications & Partnership Specialist, Communities Programme, UNDP Tajikistan at email@example.com; 5 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook